Drain Cleaning Services in Juneau
Effectively Unclogging Drains since 2007
A blocked drain is more than just a nuisance — it could lead to damaged pipes or serious leaks. If you are dealing with a clogged drain, we suggest you call the team at All American Home Service immediately. Our caring and capable plumbers can resolve your drain problem quickly and efficiently.
What Causes a Clogged Drain?
Clogs are caused by accumulated hair, food, toilet paper, toys, paper towels, or other bulky items. When these materials collect within your pipes, it blocks the water flow. Eventually, the water will back up and pool in your toilet bowl, shower pan, or sink.
What Can I Flush Down the Toilet?
Ask any plumber and they will tell you that people often flush things down the toilet that really should not be flushed. They’ve cleared enough clogs from toilet drain pipes to know the worst things that people flush. Save yourself the plumbing bill by never flushing any of the following things down your toilet.
Things You Should Never Flush Down The Toilet
In addition to “flushable” wipes, here are some other things you should never flush down the toilet.
- Baby wipes - Technically yes, but you shouldn’t. While you can flush them, baby wipes and other flushable wipes are going to cause clogs, if not in your drain pipe, then in the sewer line or at your municipal wastewater treatment plant. Many wipes simply do not disintegrate quickly enough to prevent clogs and backed-up sewer lines. Even though baby wipes, wet wipes, and cleaning wipes are often marketed as “flushable”, many of them are only flushable in the same way that a t-shirt or towel is flushable.
- Paper towels - After wiping up a mess in the bathroom, tossing a paper towel in the toilet might seem like an easy way to get rid of it. But consider those paper towel commercials that boast about how strong and absorbent their paper towels are. There are your top two reasons not to flush them!
- Feminine hygiene products - Would you believe there’s a good reason why public bathrooms often have signs telling you not to flush feminine hygiene products down the toilet? Tampons and pads are designed to be ultra-absorbent and they expand as they get wet. You don’t want them expanding in your drain pipe.
- Condoms - Condoms are what plumbers least like to pull out of the toilet drain. Latex prophylactics take years to degrade and even if they get through your drain pipe, they will cause issues in your city’s wastewater treatment system.
- Floss - Long strands of floss can wrap around other things, creating string balls that can create clogs by collecting more “solids.”
- Cotton swabs - Throw used cotton swabs in the garbage because if flushed they will get jammed in the drain pipe and then act like a little dam, blocking other things from continuing down the drain.
- Hair - When you pull those clumps of hair out of your brush, toss them in the trash, not in the toilet. Hair does not dissolve and will worsen any little blockage in the drain pipe.
- Too much toilet paper - The problem with thicker, multi-ply, plush toilet paper is that it does take a bit longer to dissolve. If you have to use a lot of it, flush a couple of times rather than sending it all down at once.
What to Do if You Already Flushed the Wrong Thing
If your drains are still good, count yourself lucky and stop flushing these things down the toilet. However, if it’s too late and you know you have flushed some of these things down your toilet, call a plumber if the toilet is not draining properly.
Call (907) 789-1800 for Expert Drain Cleaning Services in Juneau
If you are unable to unclog your drain on your own, give us a call. No job is too messy, and we provide prompt and professional services so that you can get your drains fixed fast. Also, we offer upfront pricing, so you can know exactly how much the job will cost before we even begin.
Contact All American Home Service today at (907) 789-1800 to request your drain cleaning services in Juneau.
All American provides excellent service.- Lisa
I've used All-American Home Service for 7 years now!- Jessica S.
Punctual, professional, knowledgeable.- HS Thompson
Highly Recommend- Mike B.
Very Pleased- Steven
We provide honest, upfront pricing to all customers - no hidden fees!
We put your best interest at the front of all we do to meet your needs.
Licensed & Insured
All of our experts are properly licensed so you receive the best service.
Family Owned & Operated
We care about our team, our community, and our customers.